At Mahaska Health Partnership, we recognize the healing power of family and friends. We encourage visitors of the patient's choice to be present for emotional support and comfort while receiving services at our facilities.
Upon your arrival to our campus, if it is between the hours of 6:00 am and 8:00 pm Monday through Friday or 8:00 am and 5:00 pm Saturday or Sunday; enter through entrance #4. If you are visiting outside these hours, please use the Emergency entrance #5 and staff will direct you. All of our campus entrances are indicated on the campus map provided below.
The patient’s visitors may be limited or restricted when clinically necessary to provide safe care to the patient and other patients. The justified clinical restriction may include but not limited to such things as:
- An order from a court limiting or restraining contact;
- Behavior presents as direct risk or threat to the patient, hospital staff, or others in the immediate environment. .
- Infection control issues
- Is medically or therapeutically contraindicated such as the patient needs rest or privacy.
- The patient is undergoing clinical interventions that the treating health care professional believes to be in the best interest of the patient to limit visitors during that time.
- Interferes with the care of other patients.
- To provide a therapeutic milieu
A patient who wishes to complain or dispute a restriction imposed on visitation should be encouraged to contact the House Supervisor or MHP Patient Representative at 641.672.3239.