Visitor Restriction Guidelines for Mahaska Health:
Visitor restrictions are temporary and subject to change as necessary.
For the safety of our patients and care teams, Mahaska Health has implemented the following visitor policy that pertains to all patients admitted to the hospital.
Mahaska Health Visitor Policy Updated: March 17, 2022
Visitor/Support Person Guidelines for Hospitalized Patients:
- Hospitalized patients that are COVID+: One support person is allowed to visit at a time between the hours of 7:00 AM and 9:00 PM. If the patient is a minor, under the age of 18: Up to two parents/legal guardians at a time will be allowed. End of Life Care and Special Circumstances: At the discretion of the Mahaska Health Care Team, additional support persons/family members may visit and/or visiting hours may be extended.
- Outpatient Surgery and ER: Up to two support persons are allowed in the patient care area.
- Outpatient Departments and Clinics: One support person is allowed for adult patients. Additional support persons are at the discretion of the Mahaska Health Care Team based on the patient’s condition. If the patient is a minor, under the age of 18: Up to two parents/legal guardians at a time will be allowed. Walk In Clinic – Adult patients – no visitors unless a caregiver is needed. If the patient is a minor under 18, may have one parent/legal guardian. Additional support persons are at the discretion of Mahaska Health care team.
- Must check in at screening area or registration and receive a “screened” sticker that must be worn while in the hospital
- Must be free of any signs of illness
- Must wear a mask the entire time they are in the hospital, including in the patient room
- Must practice hand hygiene and social distancing, and stay home if they do not feel well