Chickpeas, also known as Garbanzo Beans are high in protein and vitamins. Enjoy these smoky/salty roasted chickpeas as a side dish or just a healthy snack!
Time to Get Cooking!
Makes 14, 1/4 Cup Servings
Prep Time: 3 Hours Cook Time: 50 Minutes
Total Time: 3 Hours 50 Minutes
- 2 Cans Garbanzo Beans (Chickpeas)
- 1 T Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- Drain and rinse Garbanzo beans.
- Spread evenly on a roasting pan for 3 hours to dry out.
- Once beans are dry, preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Drizzle dried beans with olive oil.
- Add cumin, cayenne pepper, smoked paprika, and sea salt. Toss to coat.
- Roast in the oven at 400 degrees F for 45-50 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, let cool, and enjoy!
Make it Healthier!
- Less Sodium: Leave out the sea salt
This recipe comes from Lea Rice, Registered Dietitian and Certified Diabetes Educator at Mahaska Health.