Mahaska Health Allergy, Immunology and Pulmonology staff are experts in providing careful diagnosis, treatment, and a multidisciplinary approach to the management of allergies and immune disorders for adults and children.
Our Allergy and Immunology Specialist Team
Allergies and immunodeficiencies can exist in many forms. We can help treat the underlying causes of your conditions.
Our allergists and immunologists provide a healthy combination of state-of-the-art techniques and tried-and-true treatments to best help our patients.
Allergy, Immunology and Pulmonology Services
- In office pre and post bronchodilator spirometry for ages 6 and up
- Exercise challenges with spirometry
- Peak flow meter education
- Asthma Action Plan for home and school
- Routine spirometry
- Sputum culture
- Oxygen therapy
- Skin prick testing (aeroallergens and food)
- Serum testing (total IgE, food specific IgE, peanut component panel)
- SCIT (immunotherapy injections) and SLIT (oral desensitization for grass and ragweed pollen)
- Allergen patch testing
- Chronic rhinitis (non-allergic/vasomotor rhinitis)
- Upper airway abnormalities
- Acute and chronic urticarial
- Medication allergies (skin prick, intradermal and serum IgE for penicillin)
- Stinging insect allergies (vespids)
- Primary immunodeficiency
- Biologic therapy for asthma and atopic dermatitis
- IVIG for immunodeficiency conditions (home or outpatient infusion protocol)