Mahaska Health Allergy, Immunology and Pulmonology staff are experts in providing careful diagnosis, treatment, and a multidisciplinary approach to the management of allergies and immune disorders for adults and children.
Our allergy and immunology specialist team:
Allergies and immunodeficiencies can exist in many forms. We can help treat the underlying causes of your conditions.
Our allergists and immunologists provide a healthy combination of state-of-the-art techniques and tried-and-true treatments to best help our patients.
Allergy, Immunology and Pulmonology Services
- In office pre and post bronchodilator spirometry for ages 6 and up
- Exercise challenges with spirometry
- Peak flow meter education
- Asthma Action Plan for home and school
- Routine spirometry
- Sputum culture
- Oxygen therapy
- Skin prick testing (aeroallergens and food)
- Serum testing (total IgE, food specific IgE, peanut component panel)
- SCIT (immunotherapy injections) and SLIT (oral desensitization for grass and ragweed pollen)
- Allergen patch testing
- Chronic rhinitis (non-allergic/vasomotor rhinitis)
- Upper airway abnormalities
- Acute and chronic urticarial
- Medication allergies (skin prick, intradermal and serum IgE for penicillin)
- Stinging insect allergies (vespids)
- Primary immunodeficiency
- Biologic therapy for asthma and atopic dermatitis
- IVIG for immunodeficiency conditions (home or outpatient infusion protocol)