1. Test Iowa has closed its testing sites, but at-home testing kits are available for patients
a. Based on availability, kits can be picked up at Door 1 or the Walk-In. Please call 641.672.3100 with questions, or to check availability.
b. Visit the Test Iowa website to order a kit and it will be delivered to your home
You can order a free at home kit online at testiowa.com. Kits are shipped directly to your home.
c. The patient would collect their own swab and drop the kit off at a UPS drop off site
d. Turnaround for results is 3-7 days
e. Patients can also visit the TestIowa.com website for a kit to be sent directly to their home or to view other options
2. Hy-Vee – Oskaloosa, Albia, Knoxville, Ottumwa, Pella, and other locations
a. Further information can be found on the Hy-Vee.com/covid website, call ahead to confirm availability
3. Walgreens or CVS – Des Moines or Ottumwa locations
a. Visit their websites for further details, call ahead to confirm availability
4. If you are traveling, refer to specific guidelines based on your destination. If “PCR” testing or “medically supervised’ testing is required, please refer to specific guidelines based on destination.
***Information is subject to change based on changes in supplies and recommendations from the CDC and/or IDPH.
Patients with any of the following symptoms will be directed to the Walk-In clinic at Door 4 for evaluation and possible testing:
· Fever or chills
· Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
· Muscle or body aches
· New loss of taste or smell
· Sore throat
· Congestion or runny nose
· Nausea or vomiting
Symptoms that require evaluation in the Emergency Department:
· Trouble breathing
· Persistent pain or pressure in the chest
· New confusion
· Inability to wake or stay awake
· Pale, gray, or blue-colored skin, lips, or nail beds, depending on skin tone